“We must never accept finite disappointment, but we must never lose infinite hope”.Martin Luther King
Good morning all. I hope you are having a pleasant day and your weather is cooperating as well as mine is. This will not be a long piece by any metric today. It is just something that has been on my mind lately, which I remembered I forgot. It is sort of a “how-to” list for life. A set of reminders that we can all benefit from. I know I have, even though I fall off the track once in a while. It is all part of being human, I suppose. Therefore, without further ado, let’s get started.
45 tips to get through life. It is paraphrased a lot, but it still works.
- Life isn’t fair, but it is still good.
- When in doubt, take the next small step.
- Life is too short. Enjoy every minute.
- Your job won’t take care of you when you are sick. Your family will.
- Pay off your credit cards every month.
- You don’t have to win every argument.
- Cry with someone. It beats crying alone.
- It is okay to get angry with God. He can take it.
- Save for retirement starting with THIS paycheck.
- When it comes to Mexican food, resistance is futile.
- Make peace with your past so that it doesn’t screw up your future.
- It is okay to let your kids see you cry.
- Don’t compare your life to the lives of others. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
- If an endeavor has to be secret, you probably should not be doing it.
- Everything can change in the blink of an eye. Don’t worry, God never blinks.
- Take a deep breath once in a while. It calms the mind.
- Get rid of anything that isn’t useful. Clutter weighs you down in too many ways.
- That whatever doesn’t kill you makes you stronger thing? Yeah, it’s a thing.
- It is never too late to be happy. But, it is all up to you and no one else.
- When it comes to pursuing what you love, never take no for an answer.
- Burn the candles, use the nice sheets, and wear your nice clothes. Don’t wait for a special occasion. Today is special enough.
- Over prepare, but go with the flow.
- Be eccentric now, don’t wait until you’re older.
- The most important organ is the brain.
- No one is in charge of happiness but you.
- Frame every so-called disaster with these words, “in five years, will this matter”?
- Always choose life and love.
- Forgive. It helps you more than the other guy.
- What other people think of you is none of your business, and it doesn’t matter anyway.
- Time heals almost everything. Give time, time.
- However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
- Don’t take yourself so seriously, no one else does.
- Believe in miracles. They happen every day.
- God loves you because of who HE is. Not because of anything you did or didn’t do.
- Don’t audit life. Show up and make the most of it now.
- Growing old beats the alternative.
- Your children only get one childhood. Don’t take that from them.
- All that truly matters at the end is that you loved and were loved.
- Get outside! Great things are happening.
- If we threw all of our problems in a pile and then saw everyone else’s, we would take our own back.
- Envy is a waste of time and effort. Accept what you have, not what you want.
- The best is yet to come.
- No matter how you feel, get up, dress up, and show up.
- Life is not tied with gift wrapping, but it is a gift from God. Treat it accordingly.